Giants and God


Hey friends! In a popular Bible story, a young man faces a mighty giant that everyone else is too scared to even try to fight- and he confidently overcomes this giant!

You've probably guessed that this is the story of David and Goliath. I've heard this story many times, but I recently read it again, straight from the Bible, and it really encouraged me!

What stood out most to me was, when David faced Goliath, he wasn't confident in his own abilities, but rather in God's power! He was so confident in God that he said these words to Goliath:

"This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee... that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the Lord's, and he will give you into our hands." 1 Samuel 17:46-47

These were brave words to say! But David didn't merely say them, he acted on them! He went forward and faced that giant, knowing that the battle was totally in God's hands.

Just like David, we all face "giants'- things in our lives that scare us, that make us want to hide. They can be just about anything: perhaps your giant is apologizing to someone that you've hurt, or maybe making a speech in front of your class, or sharing Jesus with someone. Maybe it's a family situation that you can't seem to come to terms with, or a friend who's let you down.

When we face these "giants", whatever they look like for each of us, we can trust in God to fight them. Let us, like David did, simply go forward, doing what God has asked us to do, trusting in His promises.

Speaking of God's promises, here are a few Bible texts that have helped me through moments of struggling with giants:

"Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace." Exodus 14:13-14

"But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee." Isaiah 43:1-2

"Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy." Psalm 61:1-3

I encourage you, as you face your "giants", to seek God through prayer and reading His Word, and ask Him to give you special Bible verses to hold onto as you go forward in faith. Take heart, my friend! God will fight your giant. Trust Him.
Do you have a story when God defeated a "giant" in your life? Is there a Bible promise that you have found especially encouraging while fighting a "giant"? Feel free to share your stories and verses in the comments below! :)

God bless you!
Hope







Comments

  1. Proverbs 18:10 has been good for me sometimes. "The name of the Lord is a strong tower and the righteous run to it and are safe"
    I have several other verses also. Some of my biggest giants have been relationships and I will be glad in heaven not to have those issues anymore. Lord please help me just for today to trust your help fighting these giants. Thank you Hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!! A beautiful verse, and Amen to that!! 🤗🙏 Praise the Lord that He will help us!! Thank you so much for your comment!! ❤️

      Delete
  2. Beautiful thoughts, uplifting encouragement! I needed that today, Hope.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, I'm so glad you were blessed!! 🤗❤️ Thank you for commenting!!! 🤗

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And So, The Adventure Begins

Hugs and Smiles from God

"Crazy" Love (+ an important announcement)