"Crazy" Love (+ an important announcement)

A few weeks ago, something crazy happened. A bunch of teens and young adults left the comfort of their homes and walked for hours carrying heavy bags on their shoulders, ringing doorbells and knocking at the houses of strangers, not knowing if anyone would accept what they had to offer. Crazy, right?


More than 2,000 years ago, the Son of God left the glory and comforts of heaven and walked the road of pain and toil for 33 years, ministering to people who sometimes didn't even thank Him, then walked the road to Calvary alone with the weight of the sins of the world on His shoulders, not knowing if anyone would accept it. He gave His very life to save the ones who didn't care.

It wasn't crazy- it was Love.

Those "crazy" young adults? They were canvassing- selling Christian books door to door to raise money to further their education, and to spread the light of Christ. I
 was one of them.

On my own, I can't canvass. It's hard. It's exhausting. I mess up a lot.

But the same Jesus who came to this dark world, is the same Jesus who uses this broken human when I surrender to Him. It's His work- and He is right there with us in it.

There was one lady who I canvassed that had a story. My expectations were low, and I was used to people being in a hurry and rejecting what I had, and so I quickly went through the books and closed with the price. But she told me something while I was canvassing her that stopped me in my tracks. She told me that, in a matter of a few months, she had lost her mom and two of her sisters, and she was all alone. "It was providential that you came here today," she said. "Today I picked up my mother's Bible and was reading the notes that she had made in it." I was shocked and felt so privileged to be a small part in this woman's journey. She ended up getting Simply Fresh, Steps to Christ, The Great Controversy, New Testament Bible Adventures, and The Desire of Ages.
I'm so grateful that God had been working on this woman's heart in preparation for me coming. I feel humbled that God used me, even though I messed up. I pray that she is blessed by the books and finds comfort and peace in the Word of God.

I know I didn't do everything right with canvassing. I messed up what I was supposed to say, was too scared sometimes to ask for Bible studies, and tried to do things my own way. But God was merciful and blessed. He brought beautiful things out of the program. A Middle Eastern or Indian family got a Steps to Christ. A bunch of kids received a cookbook and were super excited about it. A Hispanic woman got a Steps to Christ in Spanish. A woman in her early 80s got a Steps to Christ. A mom got 3 books and filled out a survey. People were prayed for and seemed happy that someone would pray for them. There are many other stories too. We got surveys, Bible study contacts, and got out books and little Steps to Christ's. But it wasn't us. It was the Man who walked the road, carried the load, and died on the cross for all those people. For you. For me.

Jesus showed up that week in so many ways. Thank You, Lord 🙏💕

"For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again."
How has Jesus showed His love to you this week?

..........................
Now, for:

An Important Announcement!

I, Hope, am about to embark on a new leg of the journey called life. And from what I can tell, I will be very busy on this part of the journey- which means that I will probably not be posting on this blog for awhile. It doesn't mean I will never come back to it, but it does mean I won't be on my every-other-Monday posting schedule as far as I can tell. But, there is another option to keeping in touch and hear how God is working in my life, and for you to share with me, too!! I have an Instagram account now, and I will try to post short inspirational thoughts or quotes when I can. If you reach out to me, I will share my account name with you and you can follow me. :) (unless you're a creepy stalker LOL!)

Anyway, this part of the journey has been a blessing to me, and I'm glad I've gotten to share it with y'all. If there is one takeaway I want everyone who reads this blog to have, it is that God loves you more than anything and He will always love you. He is right here with you, just waiting for you to reach out to Him. He will never let you down. 

Thank you for reading- and may God be with you til we meet again!! 

God bless!!
Hope

Comments

  1. You know I/we will have you in our prayers, lifting you up to the Awesome and Loving Father we all have been blessed to know - through His Grace. God be with you, dear Hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much!! It means a lot to me!! 🤗❤️ Hugs!!

      Delete
  2. Please keep these wonderful posts coming! They are an inspiration to many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you have been blessed by them!! Unfortunately I will be pausing posting on here- follow my Instagram if you would like occasional smaller posts! 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And So, The Adventure Begins

Hugs and Smiles from God