God Cares!

Hi, friend! :) Have you ever felt like you are too small for God to care about? Maybe you feel like God is too big to be concerned with your life, that you are not as important as all the other things and people in the world. My friend, this couldn't be further from the truth! 

The other week, I was laying on the grass in my backyard, admiring the tiny purple flowers that were growing in the grass. Upon taking a closer look, I discovered that they were actually clusters of even smaller flowers! I was amazed as I picked one of the flowers from the cluster, and as I thought about how tiny the flower was, a song came on the playlist I was listening to:

"Why should I feel discouraged,
Why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely,
And long for heav’n and home;
When Jesus is my portion?
My constant Friend is He;
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.

Refrain:
I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free;
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me."

 -His Eye Is on the Sparrow (Civilla Durfee Martin)

 The words of this hymn rang true to my heart- God cares about the sparrows, God cares about the tiniest flower, and God cares for each human being! No one is too "small" or "insignificant" for Him to care about. Nothing that concerns us is too unimportant for Him to notice. He loves each and every one of us as if we were the only one He gave His life for. He knows our name, He sees every tear, He thinks about us every moment. The same God who clothes the flowers, no matter how tiny they are, will take care of us!! 

"And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
-Matthew 6:28-33
This is a beautiful passage!! If God cares so much about the tiny flowers, that might get mowed over or eaten by some creature or just wither away in a day or two, think about how much He cares for us! He knows what we need, and He cares about whatever is on your heart. 

The same God who created the tiny flower is the God who is with you, carrying you through whatever you are facing. He loves you, personally. You are priceless to Him.



And here is the picture of the tiny flower, next to my finger to show how tiny it was!!



God bless you and keep you!! 

-Hope


 





Comments

  1. This makes me think of how children view the world. As babies grow, everything is brand new and so exciting. They see the world through a different lens than adults. As a child continues to grow and mature, all they can think about is being grown-up. It's things such as you just described that makes me want to view the world as a child. There is so much beauty all around us that we completely overlook all of the time. Thanks for this reminder and may we all take the time to look at the world as if looking through a child's eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, that is so true!!! So often we rush through life without taking time to see the beauty of the smallest things God has made for us. Thank you so much for commenting!! 🤗

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And So, The Adventure Begins

Hugs and Smiles from God

"Crazy" Love (+ an important announcement)