Go

Hi friends!! :) Have you ever been scared to share the gospel with someone, unsure of how they'll receive it? Maybe you've heard God say "Go" and you ran the other way.

I know I have. In fact, not that long ago, I did just that- but God was merciful and gave me the chance to make it right. 

Before I share that story, however, I want to share a Bible passage with you:

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." Matthew 28:18-20

We have been given a command from our Savior and King, Jesus Christ, to go- not to sit idly by, relishing the light while ignoring all the hurting hearts around us, but to carry that light to those who are wandering in the darkness. 

But, to be quite honest, the Great Commission isn't exactly a piece of cake. At least, it doesn't feel like a piece of cake to me sometimes. It seems daunting- yes, even scary- to tell others about my Savior, for fear that they will reject it or ridicule me. And yet, as a Christian, I am called to go. How can I share Jesus when I'm too scared to even try?

And this brings us back to my story.

I was shopping with a friend the other day, and we were at the checkout, when I had the impression that I should share a Joy Band with the cashier. (a Joy Band is a wristband with the words "The Joy of the Lord is your Strength. Nehemiah 8:10" on it.) But I was scared- I didn't want her to say no, or laugh at me- I just didn't want to. So I didn't. And I felt guilty. I felt so guilty that my friend noticed my mood change, and long story short, I decided to go back to the store and give the cashier the Joy Band. I was so embarrassed and nervous, but when I handed it to her, she said, "I needed this." 

God knew the cashier needed that beautiful message from Him. But I almost let my fear rob her of receiving that blessing, and myself of being a part of that blessing. 

So how can we overcome this fear that paralyzes us?

The secret is in the command! The same verses where Jesus says "Go" are the verses that He shares with us how we are to go! 

It's not our willpower that makes us go. It's not our strength or determination or courage. It's not us.

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore..." 
There it is, right in the verse! Because all the power in the universe has been given to Jesus, we can go in His power and strength!! He gives us the strength to go, He gives us the words to say, He does the heart-changing, it's all about Him!!! So if you are going and sharing in the strength and power of Christ, and someone rejects it, they aren't rejecting you, they're saying no to Jesus

And there is another beautiful secret here: going forward in His strength, to share His love, will we ever be left to fend for ourselves? Will we ever be alone? 

The answer?

"..lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world."


No, we will never be abandoned by Jesus!!! Not only does He supply the power and strength to do His will, but He promises to be right by our side the whole way. Every part of the "go". "Even to the end of the world." Even when it seems like the world is falling apart. Even when sharing a Joy Band seems like it's the hardest thing I've ever done. Even when I don't think I can do what He is asking me to do. He is there. I am not alone. He is going to supply the strength.


And I can go, resting in His everlasting arms, and in His strength and power, which is made perfect in (my) weakness. (Deuteronomy 33:27 and 2 Corinthians 12:9)



Blessings, 

Hope


*Note: if you comment, I may not be able to approve it until next week because I will be super busy doing some "go" this whole week, Lord willing :)


Comments

  1. Hope, I'm right there with you in letting my thoughts get in the way of what if they refuse or get angry. We all fear rejection or being embarrassed, but God has our back. I'm thrilled about your "Go" this week. I met the young folks last Sabbath and I'm thrilled that you're joining them this week. I can't wait to hear about the folks you meet in our community and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, God does have our back!!!! 🙌🙏 We had a wonderful day today, God is so good!!!! 😃❤️ Thank you for commenting!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And So, The Adventure Begins

Hugs and Smiles from God

2023: New Every Morning